Friday, September 28, 2012

Futbolny Match

Hi loyal blog followers,

Sorry once again it's been so long since my last post. It is notoriously difficult to find working and dependable internet in Russia, and we have not yet gotten our dorm internet sorted out (though we were supposed to on Thursday). So, lots has happened! Read on and enjoy.

First: The Futbolny Match!

Or, in English, soccer game. Our starost (Russian RA) invited us to a soccer game in the city center. Of course, we said da. What we didn't know is that we were the only ones from the hall who wanted to go, so he had to take just Megan and Dylan and I along with him, which was a little awkward.

The soccer game was the single most ridiculous sporting match I have ever seen. Apparently it was the city administration playing another city. The team included quite a few fat bald men. There was a lot of falling that went on. At one point one player stopped to tie his shoe, and the other put the ball under his shirt and ran with it. I kid you not.


After the entertaining game, we met up with the Americans and wandered about. It was my first time being downtown at night, and it was beautiful. I do enjoy Vladivostok!


No comments:

Post a Comment