Let me give you a taste of Vladivostok through a quick narrative of last night's activities:
Megan was sick, and didn't feel like going out. So Ithaca said, "Let's have a girls night in!"
"Ok!" said Megan. So they went to the store to purchase snacks.
They went down the escalator.
And out onto the street to the store.
Crossing the street in Russia can be quite scary.
As can going down the crumbling stairs.
But we were successful! We bought strange Russian food. Including bacon chips... which were delicious!
For a little bit, we were afraid we had broken Megans' roommate's computer. But it was just the battery! we plugged it in and watched part of an American film dubbed in Russian. It was a fabulous evening!
Also, late last night/early this morning there was a thunderstorm! It woke me up this morning at 5:00. There were sheets of rain and thunder and lightning. So of course, I opened up my window and sat and listened. I love thunderstorms! I didn't know they would have them here, so it was a lovely surprise.
No comments:
Post a Comment