Well, I was five or so days ago. Not having had internet until now there's a lot to catch up on, so I'll break it into little chunks to make it more reader-friendly.
Firstly, in the airport at JFK I met four of my fellow SRAS-ers. Megan, of course, whom I study with at LC. I also managed to find Danielle, from Wyoming, and Jeff, from Virginia. Josh, from Florida, happened to sit behind me on the plane. Woohoo! Our team began to unite.
On the plane ride from JFK to Moscow I sat next to the nicest little old Russian lady, hereon referred to as my Ryskaya Babushka. My Ryskaya Babushka not only gave me her email within the first ten minutes of our meeting... she also gave me cold medicine and cough drops for my sniffles, forced me to eat cookies, and pulled some chocolate out of her purse for me. I miss my Ryskaya Babushka.
In Moscow I taught the crew to play set, we had our first experienced with the Russian water shortage, and made it on the next really long plane to Vladivostok!
Needless to say, it was an excellent introduction to Russian culture, and everything I could ever hope for in a Russian babushka. Since then, much has happened. Read on to find out!
We made it!!
(Sorry for the false alarm about having posted things that I put on facebook. Russian internet and power are very unreliable.)
No comments:
Post a Comment